Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA, Title II) – covers Privacy Rule, and Security Rule. HIPAA Privacy and Security Rule involves protection of Protected health information (PHI). PHI has 18+ information categories that need to be safeguarded.
In Coral we have helped multiple organisations achieve HIPAA compliance using a step by step implementation. Our consulting experiences have turned to training courses.
We are sharing our experience in this 2 days course that will have the following coverage:
- Explain the HIPAA requirements including implication of non compliance
- Applicable laws that govern and administer HIPAA requirements for protetcion of ePHI
- Impart a step by step process to help your organisation design a formal HIPAA security management program
- Classrooom exercises that covers information system identification, risk assessment, safeguard interpretaion, performance reporting, and internal audit
- Interpretation of the individual HIPAA safeguards/requirements in easy role wise explanations
- Course covers quick wins on technical, procedural, physical and personnel safeguards safgeuards that should be implemented to secure the organisation and achieve certification
- Personal feedback of an individual of how he/she performed
Anyone interested in designing, implementing, documenting, and auditing HIPAA processes. This includes HIPAA Security Officers, IT Security Professionals, IT Professionals, Compliance Professionals, GRC professionals, Internal Auditors, Information Security Officers, Chief Risk Officers.
The course is delieverd online (through webex), and in a classroom setting depending upon the number of delegates.
Probal Choudhuri, Principal Consultant is the course author and trainer. He has advised multiple organisations achieve HIPAA compliance.